NEW HOPE, PA — (Marketwire) — 05/03/12 — Quepasa Corporation (NYSE Amex QPSA), the general public market frontrunner for social finding and owner of North-American platform myYearb k and Latin-American platform Quepasa, today reported its monetary results for initial quarter ended March 31, 2012.
- Record first quarter revenue of $10.8 million, up 382% year-over-year.
- Very First quarter revenue represents a 30% enhance within the $8.3 million of combined income, a measure that is non-gaap of Quepasa and myYearb k through the exact same duration last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA, a non-gaap measure, totaled $673 thousand, a significant improvement from Adjusted EBITDA of ten dollars thousand in the 12 months ago period, and $1.0 million Adjusted EBITDA loss in the 4th quarter of 2011. Net loss allocable to common investors totaled $1.9 million into the quarter that is first of, in comparison to a lack of $1.5 million in identical period of 2011.
- Cellphone active that is monthly grew 15% into the quarter to 1.6 million in March from 1.4 million in December, 2011.
- Quepasa Corporation accomplished record visits, page views, and traffic that is mobile.
“Our company is happy to share the very first full quarter for the Quepasa – myYearb k consolidated economic outcomes,” commented CEO John Abbott. “Our monetary results reflect, in part, our effective integration of our combined advertising that is social and items, producing a strong pipeline of business for the Social Theater item in Brazil and Mexico. We believe that Social Theater’s success in Latin ferzu rules America bodes well for the internationalization associated with the MeetMe internet and mobile platform.”
First Quarter 2012 Financial Highlights
- Income Quepasa income for 1st quarter of 2012 was $10.8 million, up 382% through the $2.2 million recorded in the period that is same 2011, and up 72% compared to the $6.3 million reported in the 4th quarter of 2011.
- Net Loss Quepasa net loss allocable to common shareholders for initial quarter of 2012 was $1.9 million or $0.05 per share, an increase from the loss that is net to common investors of $1.5 million or $0.10 per share in identical duration last year.
- Modified EBITDA Quepasa adjusted EBITDA for initial quarter of 2012 had been $673 thousand or $0.02 per fundamental and share that is diluted an increase from the ten dollars thousand, or $0.00 per share, for similar duration in 2011. ( begin to see the discussion that is important the presentation of EBITDA and adjusted EBITDA loss, non-GAAP economic measures, and a reconciliation to your most straight comparable GAAP monetary measure, below.)
- Balance Sheet Quepasa money and cash equivalents totaled $8.0 million at March 31, 2012.
Operating and Business Highlights
” The business made progress that is g d its mobile initiatives, establishing a mobile digital currency across iPhone and Android os within the quarter,” noted C Geoff C k. “Mobile represents the majority of our day to day logins but usually a single-digit percentage of income. March mobile income had been up 68% versus January, and now we expect future item launches to continue to improve mobile revenue throughout every season. Users are appearing greatly predisposed to get currency that is virtual iPhone and Android than online.”
- As of March 31, 2012 users increased by 3.4 million users to 81.5 million, up from the 78.1 million reported at the conclusion associated with the quarter that is fourth of.
- Monthly Active Users on the core myYearb k platform averaged 3.2 million during the quarter that is first of, and represented 62% development within the 2.0 million MAU during same duration last year, and almost 9% development sequentially.
- Web Page views on our social network properties totaled 9.6 billion in the quarter that is first of, up from 605 million web page views in identical amount of 2011. Sequentially, web page views were up into the first quarter of 2012 through the 5.4 billion Quepasa reported in the 4th quarter of 2011.
- Visits totaled 336.9 million in the first quarter of 2012, up through the 63.5 million visits in the same amount of 2011. Visits were up sequentially also, through the 192.5 million into the quarter that is fourth of.
- Throughout the very first quarter of 2012, mobile phone Credits had been introduced for the myYearb k mobile software on both Android os and iPhone, increasing revenue from mobile by 68% from $199,000 in January, 2012 to $336,000 in March, 2012.
- Through the very first quarter of 2012, the Locals feature was launched regarding the myYearb k mobile apps and web site, ultimately causing an increase in profile viewing and friend requesting.
- myYearb k obtained 58% of its traffic accessing on mobile devices.